Boss Won’t Let You Work from Home? Memorize These 5 Things to Say
You’ve probably heard about the many benefits of telecommuting. From increased productivity to a better work-life balance, people can’t stop talking about the positive impact of workshifting and how big the trend has become. In fact, in a recent New York Times article, columnist Alina Tugend noted that the current number of mobile workers in America could even be as high as 30 percent.
Right about now you’re probably thinking “Why isn’t my company offering a mobile option?!” The truth is, some organizations need to see a clear benefit to the bottom line before entertaining the idea of flexible work. If you’re looking to work from home in your pajamas, we’ve got 5 pointers to memorize that will show your boss how telecommuting allows everyone to work smarter and not harder.
- The talent pool grows. When your company embraces flexible work, they also benefit by opening up their potential talent pool. Eliminate the office requirement, and you can hire anyone, anywhere. You’ll have more qualified candidates to choose from, and your company will be able to source and onboard remote workers with no additional travel costs!
- Employee productivity improves. Did you know that stress tends to be twice as high for employees who don’t have flexible work arrangements? In fact, some 90 percent of flex workers report being happier! That harmony directly affects your professional performance as well as the overall productivity within the organization.
- The right tools mean success. Telecommuting isn’t tricky when you have the right tools to keep everybody connected at all times. From secure file sharing to online trainings to remote desktop access, there are tons of options out there for collaborating from anywhere.
- Timelines move it forward. Most bosses will perk up if you offer a realistic timeline for implementing a flexible work strategy. Some of their biggest fears may be how employees adopt new mobile procedures, which means you will go a long way by mapping out these new policies.
- There’s a lower overhead. With mobile solutions like video conferencing and BYOD in place, your company can cut down on both travel and hardware costs. Not to mention all the money your business can save on printing, office supplies, electricity and space! With fewer bodies on the road and in the office, your company’s bottom line will look better and better.
Want an easy way to go mobile? Try out GoToMyPC free for 30 days and start seeing the benefits for yourself!